Modeling is not an easy job. You need to work hard and attend countless castings, shows, and fittings. You are also expected to go on many travels and work extended hours. Asking for a fixed working schedule is also wishful thinking. In order to make a good choice on what field you want to take on, you must know the types of modeling jobs.
Modeling jobs vary from type to type. The higher the pay you get, the more difficult the job can get. To prepare yourself for the various modeling environments, gain essential knowledge with this list of the types of modeling jobs:
Models with striking features and impressive looks are fit to become high-fashion models. High-fashion modeling can be further classified into three kinds:
- Runway – The models who make the creations of famous fashion designers come to life are runway models. This high-paying job requires you to have the right height and the body.
- Catalog – The models in this classification pose for catalogs like JCPenny, Spiegel, and Montgomery Ward. These models are tall and usually have classic beauty and slender yet healthy body. You get paid depending on the amount of photos taken.
- Fashion Print – The models in fashion print modeling pose for print advertising. You should not take this kind of modeling job because this has the potential of shooting the model’s career up of down.
Models who work in this type of modeling pose for publications that add illustrations to articles and editorials. Editorial modeling has less strict requirements compared to high-fashion modeling. Editorial modeling can be branched out into three kinds:
- Fashion Editorial – In order to be a fashion editorial model, you need to be quite versatile to meet the fluctuating demands of the clients and target audience of the magazine.
- Land Mag Editorial – Land mag editorial modeling is oftentimes mistaken for glamour modeling because it revolves around a sexual theme where models wear very limited piece of clothing. There is no height requirement for this kind, but you must have a toned and slender body.
Glamour modeling is a type of modeling that has a sexual theme. This is because glamour models often pose for lingerie, swimwear, and club wear. Glamour modeling is also associated with nudity at times. This type of modeling job is so broad. It would be better to clear things out first before you proceed so you won’t get surprised with the job that will be assigned to you.
A huge percentage of modeling agencies work in this type. Models are assigned by agencies to various commercial modeling jobs namely:
- Products – Models in commercial products modeling see to it that they represent the products as best as possible. The task that models do for this kind of commercial modeling is to demonstrate how particular products are used.
- Lifestyle – Lifestyle modeling requirements will most of the time vary depending on the concept. Companies hire lifestyle models when they have a certain concept or idea that they want to bring to life.
Models in this type mostly use certain body parts to model particular products and services. Examples of the body parts used are hands, feet, legs, teeth, and stomach. If you are aspiring to be in this type of modeling job, the best and fastest way is to get yourself an agent because they would normally have connections already. Working freelance in this type of job is quite difficult.
Knowledge about the types of modeling jobs that suit your level and physique is indeed a good head-start, but it is not the only thing you need to do. If you want to get a modeling job the soonest, then you should get signed by an agency. You might have the idea that these agencies manage hundreds of models, which may make it difficult for them to choose the right model for the right modeling job. However, this is not the case. You don’t have to worry about that because you will certainly get represented once you are signed. Aside from that, you will also get immediate access to various modeling jobs opening. The bottom line is to always give your best when you are given modeling jobs.